Jima wrote:
>  The mail server should kick back some "250" messages, like:
>
> 250-mail.server Hello user at localhost [127.0.0.1]
> 250-SIZE 52428800
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-AUTH PLAIN
> 250 HELP
>
>  The "AUTH PLAIN" is what we're probably looking for.

	No AUTH PLAIN on mine, it's a basically stock redhat 9 box, though
reconfiguring sendmail probably isn't in the cards, as an exchange
server is on its' way at the end of Jan. (no, not my idea, the marketing
folks won't put up with thunderbird)

	Does this mean that when I'm using it locally, it's just trying the
auth and then giving up and sending without auth?

Thanks,

Matt