New TCLUG Classified Ad

Category: Computer

Type of Ad: For Sale

Subject: 800 MHz Athlon system

This is an Athlon (Thunderbird) system that has been modded to run very quietly. I installed a new power supply, CPU cooling fan, and Seagate Barracuda hard disk to make it as quiet as possible. It's not completely silent, but it's considerably quieter than the average PC. Here are the specs:

* 800 MHz Athlon processor
* 768 MB RAM
* 80 GB Seagate Barracuda disk
* Beautiful, black aluminum Lian Li PC-61 case (google for photos)
* Plextor CD-RW (10/12/32x)
* DVD-ROM
* 10/100 network card
* Creative Live! sound card
* Number 9 Revolution IV video card
* Microsoft ergonomic keyboard and Logitech 3-button optical mouse
* no display or external speakers are included

The machine is in perfect working order and has been my main Linux workstation since I got it. I'm selling it because I've been spending most of my time with my PowerBook instead. You will probably have to put in a new video card unless you've got an SGI 1600SW flat panel display lying around. :-) This card was designed for that monitor and is quite slow by current standards.

I live in Blaine and would be happy to work with the buyer to arrange pick up or delivery in the Twin Cities area.

I don't have time to search around and figure out the going price for a system like this, but the sweet case and quiet operation of this system are really quite nice. How about $322.76 or best offer?

Seller Email address: wilson at visi dot com

http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/index.cgi