Hey my good twin city nerds and nerdets and technoturds, there is a special on
public tv at 9:00pm about the famous inventor Tesla.  Sorry, kinda
late, but just noticed it myself.  I think he is the true author of
Linux, not Linus as is commonly believed.

Tesla: Master of Lightning
Thursday, December 2 at 9PM
Nikola Tesla (1856-1943), was one of the greatest inventors of the 20th century,
with over 700 worldwide patents to his name. He was a visionary genius whose
radical ideas created the technology that connects the world with power and
information. Controversial and misunderstood, his incredible story is finally
being brought to the screen.

Tesla's most famous invention is his system of AC power generation and
transmission that is used universally today. He also invented the tesla
coil to create high-frequency electricity. This led to the creation of neon
and fluorescent lighting, radio transmission, remote control, and hundreds
of other devices that are now an essential part of our everyday lives.
The documentary finally sets the record straight on Tesla's inventions
and accomplishments. Edison and Marconi are frequently credited for the
invention of AC power transmission and radio. The program demonstrates that
this is not the case.