I hope to have a really wonderful xmas this year.

I've dropped a hint to the wife (printed it and put it on her laptop) that I
would like to up grade the hardware (motherboard, processor, memory, &
powersupply) in my desktop PC, I'm currently running an AMD Athlon 750, bla,
bla, bla, built in 1998.

I'm thinking of of the following system...
  AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz (939 pin)
  Asus A8V DLX motherboard
  1/2 gig of ram 2 @ 256MB.

This will be a dual boot Linux (debian) and XP (must play HL2)

HDA/C: drive will be a 20gig ATA 133,
  50/50 Linux/XP.
HDB/D: will be a 20gig ATA 133, swap/page and data.
  1.5gig page, 1.5gig swap, 17gig data [file system accessable from both Linux
  and XP].  (Yes I make a partition for page files.)

Anyone have experience/advice with setting up an Athlon 64 box this way?

Sam.