I'll answer a couple questions with one post.

1) SMP - I could probably prep my own kernal to deal with SMP, but I
like "out of the box" solutions. :-) MEPIS-Pro should be coming out late
December and is supposed to support SMP

2) The machine is dual-400MHz processors with a CDBurner, DVD drive, and
two IDE hard drives. A 6.4Gig and an 80Gig. My goal is to have the root
on the 6.4 and home on the 80. I'm sure there is a way to install on one
drive and then move "/home" to the 80Gig, I just have to research it. I
used to do that kind of stuff with IRIX years ago, but I've gotten rusty
from non-use.

--
Todd Young