Randy, can you help with a little more information.

Can he use a different carrier, if not, his options could be rather limited?  I
thought the FCC had some control over the costs of services that providers can
charge, especially when only one carrier is in a market.  It prevents them from
 naming their price and forcing others to pay.  He should also check with
others in the area to see if their prices are going up as well or if its just
him, he may have a good legal case.

What type of a connection is he using today?
If he is using T1's and is looking to switch to a bunch of 1FB's that roll-over
is he going to have to change out a bunch of equipment?
- I currently pay a little over $500 per T1 currently / 24 channels means that
pay about $20 per line using a T1
- He will want to stay with a T1 digital type of service to keep customer
connection speeds above 33.6K

When you say 100+ lines, do you mean 100+ phone numbers or are you really
needing 100+ (POTS) individual lines?

I know that you can have regular POTS lines roll-over to another line when they
are busy, it costs me $3 / per month / per line for that feature.

Jim