Steve Linabery wrote:
> What's odd to me is that I get just fine throughput from/to hosts in our DMZ. The gateway is on the 10/100 segment. Things only get crappy when I try to talk to boxes (linux and windows) on the 10/100 segment.
>
> The gigabit box is on a DLink 8 port switch, which connects to a 24 port Trendnet box. Everything was ok 'til I went to fc2 from RH8. Under RH8 I was using an older version of e1000 driver.

Try a different switch in place of either the D-Link or the Trendnet.  I
have an 8 port (el-cheap-O) Linksys switch that has horrible performance
with NFS but everything else (scp, samba, ftp, etc) works just fine.
I also have a D-Link 8 port (model DSS-8+) what works fine though.

Try using a crossover cable between the RH/F2 box and something on that
10/100 segement.  Just temporarily re-ip the RH/F2 box and see if you
still have the problem.  Would prove your nics/drivers are ok.
--
scot