The word "refurbished" is a misnomer; generally a refurbished drive is a "used"
drive. In general the drive was returned with a machine coming off a lease.
I'm still using both ATA and SCSI drives that were used/refurbished without a
problem. Be aware that they may fail and understand that it's your risk.

Backup, Backup, Backup, is the only thing I can say about used drives.

I run 5 Seagate Barracuda SCSI drives in my Proliant in a RAID 5 configuration,
this limits data loss if 1 or 2 drives fail.

Sam.