I've found the easist way to do this is...
Be sure Samba is running
Open a Shell if your running X windows
Change directory to /mnt
Create a directory in /mnt and remember the name

type smbmount at the #
     you will have and example of the string you need to type to mount the
     smb share something like the following

mount -t smbfs //servername/sharename /mountdirectory -o
username=mywindowsusername,password=mywindowspassword

//servername/sharename  Windows share

/mnt/mountdirectory  directory in /mnt

Sam.