Shawn Fertch wrote:
> Sorry, a little of topic request.  By chance did anyone happen to
> record the 5:00pm Kare11 news tonight to Tivo or the like?  If so,
> there's a segment on there that I'm looking for.
>
> If not, I did manage to get it to my ancient VCR and record it.  But
> would like it converted to a Quicktime movie or .mpg.
>
> If anyone is able to help out on this, I'd be grateful and will buy
> some beer (if of legal age of course) in return.  Email off list
> please if you can help.

If all else fails, I found this on the Kare11 FAQ.  They *might* make
better copies (maybe even DVDs?) that can be converted to Quicktime.
But that's all just wild speculation :)

-- jeremy

Can I get a copy of a story I saw on KARE 11?
Yes, you can purchase a video clip starting at about $30/story.

Sound Clips is a local video duplication company which handles viewer
requests for video copies of our news segments. They also record the
other local television stations and save their tapes for approximately
one year.

Sound Clips can be reached at 763-529-9048 or by e-mail at
soundclips at aol.com. Costs start around $30.

When you contact them, please have as much information about the story
as possible, i.e. what day it aired and which show you saw it on.