    NC> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Robert P. Goldman wrote:
    >> But they also use libstdc++, and that's a total nightmare, since it
    >> seems to rely on other libraries.  Bringing along a libstdc++.so just
    >> causes the load of that library to fail.

    NC> Most distributions do provide backwards-compatible versions of
    NC> libstdc++; maybe if you got them to compile the copy they want
    NC> to send out on an older distribution (like rh7.3), it'd be
    NC> more compatible across the board?

I think that would be the sensible approach.  The problem is their
adoption of this source based distro which, afaict, doesn't help them
maintain backward compatibility.

For the interested, part of my problem was also their use of
libwx_base --- version mismatches with that led us to try out
different versions of THAT library, which pulled different versions of
libstdc++....

The good news is that getting libwx_base dependencies managed actually
resolved most of the difficult libstdc++ issues...

Best,