On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 12:32:42PM -0500, Ian Stoner wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:31:16 -0500
> Steve Linabery <slinabery at worldcycling.com> wrote:
>
> > What software do people use to do vinyl-to-digital capture? I would
> > *love* to digitize my extensive LP collection.
>
> I hear good things about an old program called gramofile.
>
> http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/sound/gramofile
>
> I've been wanting to try it out for a couple of years, but have never
> replaced my broken turntable so I have no personal experience with it.
>
> Ian

in response to Dan's question about hardware only; yeah, I was hoping I could just plug the turntable into the soundcard and the software would apply some filter to the signal to reproduce the RIAA curve. That way my laziness could be completely indulged; I wouldn't have to pull my old receiver out of its rack (it's nowhere near my box).

but seeing no reference to the RIAA curve in my cursory search (that phrase still makes me think of zork...or deadline, or whichever game one did cursory searches in) of the gramofile online docs, I'm guessing that I will have to actually expend some effort to get what I want. Yuck! :)

thanks
steve

--
Steve Linabery, sysadmin/developer