Yes, Samba for moving files - probably the easiest way to get samba setup
is with swat (which comes with it?)  I never really used swat, but it
seemed to be all the hype when I had to make this work.  The only tricky
thing here may be in getting XP to talk nice to it - I haven't set a Samba
server up in years, and IIRC, there are a bunch of caveats with the
authentication and encryption.  Not sure if this ever got worked out (MS
likes to change things and <sarc> I don't think they realize that it
breaks Samba)  This was at least the case when I was setting it up against
WinNT.  From what I understand, XP and 2000's networking got even more
convoluted...

For Apache, your XP machine is probably pointing to CP Internet's dns
servers, so you either need to access the linux machine by IP, or setup an
entry in the hosts file in XP.  If the system gets it's IP dynamically,
this could be a problem.  You didn't specify what was acting as the DHCP
server, but if possible (if this is private address space), just hard code
the IP in Linux (pick a high number, and as long as you're only running 1
or 2 DHCP clients this shouldn't be an issue), or if you have control of
the DHCP server, define the linux machine's MAC address on the DHCP server
with a specific IP address.

Up all day and it's getting late, feel free to flame me with gross
mistakes.../dev/null is getting empty.