Please don't tell me you have hooked your computer up directly to the
DSL modem without a firewall between the DSL modem and your computer?!?

Most ISP will only provide you with ONE (1) dynamic IP. If you want to
have more than one IP available on your local network, you would have to
have a DHCP server providing IPs for your local network.

Most all-in-one firewall/switch devices from Linksys or Netgear will
provide you with a firewall and 4 to 5 inside ports for your computers.

Or you could use an old Pentium1 to create your own Linux firewall,
either by building your own or using something like Smoothwall or IPCOP.

--
Todd Young
7079 Dawn Ave. E.