They just started showing up on a couple systems I administer also. Those
systems had had that port open for years, so I'm not sure why I was suddenly
targeted.

I did complain to the administrator for several of the probing systems and one
responded that their system had been compromised.

I closed port 22 on both of my systems.

Eric