On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:58:29 -0500
Dan Rue <drue at therub.org> wrote:

> Yeah, till road runner decides to block port x on it's residential
> users, becasue they shouldn't be running servers anyway..  At least,
> that's what I'd worry about if you're doing any serious hosting.

RR's history with this has been pretty good in my experience.  They check to see if you are running an open relay about once a month.  I have never had problems with running other services behind a dynamic IP address.  Of course their policies could change.  Anything I am serious about I run off a different co-lo'd server but it's nice to maintain my own at home too.

Josh