> Can you convert the other way round? (ie, NTFS to FAT32?) I'd kinda like
> this Windows partition writable form the Linux end...

MS won't let you do this. But Partition magic can do this. At least its
supposed to. I tried to do it with an older version (7.0 I think, first
one that supported XP's version of NTFS...) and it just barfed,
complaining cryptically about compressed files or something. (didn't
lose data, it just refused to do it) I tried making sure nothing was
compressed, it still complained. I eventually just ended up shrinking
the NTFS partition as much as possible, put in a FAT32, copy as much
will fit to the FAT32 partition, shrank the NTFS some more, extended the
FAT32, copied more stuff over to the FAT32, repeat until the NTFS
partition is empty...

I would hope Partition Magic 8.0 actually does this right. ;P