On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:08:28 -0500 , rware at interplastic.com
<rware at interplastic.com> wrote:
> Fairly?  As in expect some data loss/corruption?

Well, I've seen people on Gentoo and KNOPPIX-STD boards who've not had
problems using NTFS write support on systems that dual-boot or a
Windows PC w/a KNOPPIX CD. But I don't know how great it is. There's
one NTFS-write method (someone else mentioned it already) that pulls
MS' ntfs.sys and uses calls to that through wine for NTFS access. You
can set it up to bootstrap (sorta) with a read-only ntfs module, copy
ntfs.sys to memory, unmount & remount with the MS ntfs.sys/wine. I've
never done this, though.