    Ben> Shouldn't always base things on "how many lines of code it took"

    Ben> It's just the amount that has been pre-built for you. No
    Ben> matter what you think, no matter what language you are using,
    Ben> that's what it comes down to.

    Ben> In then end, it is always machine code executed on the
    Ben> processor whether you have used java, python, c++ to get
    Ben> there. It's all a matter of abstraction.

Uh.  I don't think I agree with this at all.  Unless a system provides
unacceptably large resource utilization or unacceptably slow response
time, I don't care about the machine code executed on the processor.
I actually DO care about how many lines of code it took (as a coarse
proxy measure of how difficult it was to produce the code).

Your argument above (I could be misinterpreting it) seems to me to be
like saying, "don't feel so smug about how easy it was to buy that
car.  You might as well have made it yourself in your garage.  After
all, SOMEBODY had to weld the parts together."  That argument wouldn't
change my opinion about how great it was that I could buy a car
instead of hand-crafting one.

Of course it's a matter of how much has been pre-built.  But unless
you ENJOY building the sort of stuff that's been pre-built (my hat's
off to people who hack xlib, but it gives me the screaming meemies),
or you don't like what the pre-builders have provided, you SHOULD be
happy with something where more is pre-built.

The only alternative interpretation I can come up with is that you
mean that it's not the language, it's the libraries, and a low-level
language with a lot of libraries is just as good as a high-level one.
Is THAT what you meant?  That seems like a much more reasonable claim
(I'm still inclined to disagree, of course! :->).