Kraig Jones wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a wireless card on an older Thinkpad 380Z.  I've
> found lots of bits and pieces of information in help files and HOW-TOs,
> but I must be missing some step of the process.  Can anyone give an
> overview of how to set up a wireless pc card?
>
> I have Debian "testing" version, kernel 2.4.25-1-386.  The wireless card
> is a Trendnet TEW-226PC cardbus PC card.

I have no experience with that particular card but I've had good luck
with the linux-wlan-ng[1] drivers.

My basic procedure for laptops has been:
1. compile your kernel from source, remove all PCMCIA drivers from the
   kernel.
2. compile pcmcia-cs
3. compile linux-wlan-ng

There are Debian source packages for kernel-source, pcmcia-cs, and
linux-wlan-ng.  You can use "apt-get source <pkgname>".  See the Debian
docs for more on building packages from source.

[1] http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz
--
scot