On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 09:49:37AM -0500, Carl Lindholm wrote:
> Does anyone out there do wireless Linux. I'll bet the farm there is. :-)
> Can you give me a recommendation on the gear?

802.11a/g

Atheros 5004, 5354
Drivers: http://www.sf.net/projects/madwifi
Where to buy: http://www.wisp-equipment.com/radios-pcmcia.html

Prism54 Duette, GT, Indigo
Drivers: www.prism54.org, now included in the latest kernels
Where to buy: http://www.lanready.com/wpg2000.htm,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008PGJ7/seattlewirele-20

802.11b

Intersil Prism2 based cards
Drivers: http://hostap.epitest.fi/, orinoco in the kernel, linux-wlan.com
Where to buy: http://www.edigitalwireless.com/detail.aspx?ID=2 (200mW)

The Atheros and Prism54 drivers are equally mature under, the Prism2/2.5
drivers for 802.11b are rock solid. Atheros uses a binary only core for
their radios due to FCC restrictions, the rest of the driver is open source.