On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, John Hawley wrote:
> For example, I have a VPN gateway router at a remote office which also
> runs a slaved dns server for it's internal network.  However, when
> sync'ing to the master dns server at the other end of the VPN, it
> advertises itself as coming from the IP assigned to its public
> interface.

The simplest way to fix this would probably be to configure NAT to rewrite
the packet to the expected address, which has it's pros and cons.  :)

Otherwise, depending on which DNS server you're using, you can probably
tell it which IP address(es) to bind to, which may or may not be suitable
to your situation.