>>> jack at jacku.com 04/24/04 11:56PM >>>
>On Saturday 24 April 2004 08:45 am, B_o_B wrote:
>> Saturday, April 24, 2004   @   8:44:37 AM Central Standard Time
>>
>> Just wondering if it is possible to make it so that a web page
>> will access another webpage,
>> but... that webpage cannot be accessed directly,
>> only through the first page?    (hope that makes sense).
>>
>> Any pointer would be great..
>
>I agree with what others have said. You'll need at a minimum some sort of
>authentication. A content management system might help but restricting access
>to a page will always require an authentication process to work. Without it
>once the user knows the URL they can go straight to the page.

What about mod_proxy setup as a reverse proxy. You can setup access controls
on the source server to only accept requests from the frontend server, then reverse
proxy it at the frontend. This might achieve the desired results.

We do this sort of thing all the time with a dedicated proxy (not Apache).