You might want to look at

and see if the two match.  I don't know why they have similar files in two places but mine does.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Johnny Fulcrum
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 9:26 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] networking in Fedora

Good morning everyone-

I have a laptop with fedora 1 on it - two nics - a built in and a pcmcia.

I've bacsically given up on using the network gui deal to configure stuff
as it seems to leave stuff in a weird state.  So I'm editing
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth*.  I'm switching from dhcp to
static on eth0 but everytime I boot - I get the old dhcp address and not
the static one.  I have to do a "service network restart" to get
everything up and going each time I boot.

I'm I missing a file somewhere that needs editing?

thanks
johnnnyf