My coworker has been bugging me to do it for him, but I haven't gotten
around to it yet. You can get a "spare" usb/serial cable for $15 or so
online, that should be sufficient. The popular site that walks through
that (the name escapes me) has step by step instructions, so you shouldn't
really be able to go wrong, there.

If I get around to it on mine, I'll look you up and see if you still need
help.

John