On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 02:45:39PM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> We have comcast, and I'm happy with it overall.  I will be hosting my
> own colocated server at a friend's house, who happens to have a static
> DSL setup.  Email and Web services make uploads important.  With cable,
> the slower upload speeds become a burden.

Upload is a problem for you with email? How many users are you
serving, or what are they sending?

I am just surprised because I don't any problems running a web
site serving fairly large pictures off my cable connection.  I
probably rarely get more than 2 users at a time, but each
short visit probably pushes more bytes than I get in email in a
day.

Maybe I have a good uplink - I typically get 30-40 Kbytes/s up
200-250 KBytes/s down.