If you suspect it's in the same IP network as you (that is, your traffic
to that machine wouldn't go through the router - it's a local address) -
you can do a ping sweep of the entire network and (if it's running IP
and is still plugged in, has a transmit pair, and is not otherwise being
tricky), you should have it in your ARP table on your local machine for
a few minutes.  That will probably get you the IP address.

If the thing is still potentially broadcasting traffic, you can use
tcpdump and specify the mac address as the source host - and probably
get the IP that way (again, if there is an IP to be had...)