On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:42:57PM -0500, Carl Lindholm wrote:
> Does anyone out there recommend Qwest dsl for internet. Is there an
> alternative?

This has been beat to death in the past, but I'll bite (search the
archives, too).

Cable has faster download but crappy upload.  With qwest, you can get
pretty decent download and pretty good upload, too.  If you're going to
be running a web/email/whatever server out of your house, I'd go with
qwest.  For just regular consumer internet uses, go with cable.

If you do go with qworst, do not use their isp (msn, i think?).  There
are a bunch of good, local isp's that will be much more user friendly.
Again, take a look at the archives the ISP topic comes up regularily.

dan