Just my humble opinion......

You couldn't give me a Lexmark printer.

My dad has a USB Lexmark printer/scanner and the printer drivers don't
even work correctly with Windows. He is running WinXP on a new Dell and
he has to turn on the printer before turning on the PC. If he turns the
PC on first and then decides he wants to print something, he has to
restart the PC just to get it to acknowledge the printer. And don't tell
me to reinstall the drivers, been there, done that....along with some
other troubleshooting. Gave up, wasn't worth my time.

And on another note, quite a few years ago I worked for a company that
repaired printers, and some of them were dot matrix Lexmark printers.
What a pile of crap. Key chassis components made out of cheap plastic
that could not be repaired. We used WeldOn #4 (if I remember correctly)
to repair chassis and case components on all makes of printers, but the
Lexmarks could not be repaired, just thrown in the trash.

--
Todd Young
7079 Dawn Ave. E.