On Wednesday 21 April 2004 03:16 pm, Christopher wrote:
> Is there any sort file recovery software for linux?
> Something like undelete or Easy Recovery Pro?
> (a user deleted a file that wasn't backed up yet)

Yes, well, maybe, but its probably too late now.

In the ext2 and ext3 file systems one of the extended file attributes is "u",
or "undeleteable".  However, it has to be set before you actually delete the
file.  Support also has to be compiled into the kernel I believe.

See the chattr(1) man page for more details.

> TIA,
> Chris

Your welcome.

--