On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> Standing up for what one believes in is very important. If we don't our
> conscience will drive us crazy.
>
> Good for him.

The problem is, at least according to that article, he's saying "The US
military uses Linux, and they are in Iraq, therefore I can't use Linux."
There's no logic to that statement - Linux is free for everyone to use, so
there is no way to control it. Like a comment on Slashdot said, all the
major vehicle companies also make parts for the military; does that mean
he's going to stop driving his car? (Actually, that argument would make
more sense than his Linux one, but ah well.)

In any case, there may be more we're not seeing here - it could be that
members of his user's group are supporting the military's use of Linux,
and he has a problem with that, so he doesn't want to head the group
anymore.