I was a little confused by that headline.  All I read was that some LUG
president resigned because he's against the war, and the DoD (or Army or
whoever) uses Linux.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  He's giving up on Linux
because his views conflict with those of an organization that is using
it?  So in his mind Linux is supporting the war (and as a LUG president,
he is, indirectly, supporting Linux, and by extension, the war)?  As a
Linux user, shouldn't he appreciate the rights of /anyone/ to freely use
it?

I'm sure he read the article a year or two ago about the guy that was
the techy for the mob?  That guy was using Linux (hey, they aren't going
to STEAL windows...) to setup things like encrypted e-mail for a
criminal organization.  Since he didn't resign his LUG presidency when
that news broke, does that mean that he supports the mafia?

Does he suppose that if Linus finds out that the (fictional
organization) "Kill the Geeky Finns" is using Linux, that he'll stop
developing it?  Or sabotage it in some way?  I imagine there are a lot
of organizations using Linux that have conflicting opinions of Linus'.

He is delusional if he considers this a way to protest the war.  If he
wants to make a difference, he should fly over to Iraq and handcuff
himself to a couple of Iraqi soldiers or something.  Or have a
bullet-catching contest.  Friggin' hippies :)

Forgive me if the headline is misleading and I'm way off base here.