On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Eric Stanley wrote:
> I guess the reason I like IAX better is because it can cross a NATting
> firewall with port forwarding on a single (I think) port.

IAX is great. Like you said, it traverses NAT nicely, doesn't require a
proxy at all, and is totally open.

> I use an X100P clone on the telco side. I tried to buy it from Digium
> (because I believe in supporting the Asterisk effort), but after 5 calls
> to them in 4 weeks, I gave up.  I wish you better luck.

I also bought a clone card. Not actually using it yet, though.  :)

> On the phone side, I'm trying to get a Sipura SPA-2000 working.

I've got the Sipura working just fine, also have a Pingtel Xpressa
working. Eventually want to pick up a Cisco 7960 and a Polycom IP phone,
and try them out.

You do certainly get more features with a IP hardphone than an analog
adapter (such as the ATA/Sipura), but it is also much more expensive.