On 04/06 09:21 , Mike Partyka wrote:
>    In trying to setup the vmware tools it needs the kernel source to
>    setup the module. I did the following:

truth be told, I don't bother with the vmware tools for linux on vmware. it
runs pretty efficiently as it is (actually idles the CPU properly, unlike
most OSes), and since I don't use X on them, there's no need for the feature
where moving your cursor to the edge of the vmware window causes it to
release the cursor to the host display.

if you're running vmware on Windows, and want to use the Linux GUI, I
suppose that's a different matter.  I'd still probably set up XFree86 on
Windows, and do remote X displays to the windows desktop. (Use Xnest if you
want to constrain them to a particular area).

Then again, I've never tried that (X on win32), so I can't say how well it
works. :) Other people on this list seem to have shown some nifty
screenshots tho.

HTH, YMMV.
Carl Soderstrom.
--