On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:04:22 -0500
Ben Maas <bmaas at open-techsys.com> wrote:

> I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm going to ask again
> since things change and its been an active couple of months for
> viruses.
>
> What is everyone using for anti-virus software (for Windows and/or
> Linux) in your business environment?
>
> Do you like it?
>
> What experiences have you had with any of the following packages:
> 	- AVG
> 	- ClamAV

ClamAV gets my vote, in addition, reject ALL email with Windohs executable content at the SMTP level, including Zip files.  Configuration depends on your MTA.  There's no reason these should be attached to email messages, provide an online file upload/download area if people gripe.  This has the added benefit of significantly reducing the load on your AV.  Clam, as with other email content scanners, can take a lot of CPU.

Josh