Hello all,

This seems like a simple problem but I can not seem to come up with a
simple answer.

I have a php app which is working fine. I have ssl working. I can
currently access any part of this app using either http port 80 or https
port 443. What I want to do is force everything to run encrypted over
https.

A little googleing points me to mod_rewrite. I am not an apache guru. In
my quest for a quick easy lazy mans fix I cut and past this into my
httpd.conf file.

<Directory /path/to/my/app>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
  RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]
</Directory>

This does not seems to do anything. I find no errors in any logs. Can
anyone point me in the right direction? Is Rewrite the only way to
accomplish this? if so what is wrong with this rewrite rule?

Thanks,

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>