Jason Sievert said:
> Close, here is some ascii art to try and describe it.
>
> |----------------|                                  |-------|(corp lan)
> |Privet net      |                                  |gateway|(world)
> |192.168.123.0/24| <----------> eth0 192.168.123.100|-------|eth1
> |----------------|              eth0:0 192.168.0.100         172.16.0.3
>                                  eth0:1 10.0.0.100
>
> What I am looking for is when I bring a box in at 192.168.0.101 that the
> router will not send that traffic through to the world but will NAT or
> route it through the appropriate device.
> For example if 192.168.123.2 want to go to google the gateway will nat
> it but if it wants to talk to a raid at 192.168.0.101 it will route or
> nat that through the gateway.
> Jason
> P.S. I im in way over my head so be gentel :)

Hrrm...weird, but I think you can do it, of course I've had four beers so
I'm optimistic :). There should automagically be a route to 192.168.123.0/24
via eth0 and 192.168.0.0/24 via eth0:0, etc. Set up a default route via eth1
for Internet traffic with the appropriate iptables rules for doing NAT and
it should work, in theory.
You may have some issues with your switch, I could see where multiple
different broadcast domains on the same segment would cause some switching
gear to spaz, but I've never tried it to be sure. I'd run Ethereal or
similar in a few different locations to see what kind of noise is generated.
You'd be best off if you could put multiple physical ethernet cards in the
linux box and then reconfigure the network addressing on those ports as
needed to get equipment talking to the rest of the lab.

Good Luck
Josh