On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:59:26 -0500
Anton Yurchenko <phila at cascopoint.com> wrote:

> by default you can view the index of the directory, actually you are
>
> viewing file that is defined in the DirectoryIndex option in
> httpd.conf , but if there is no such file apache generates a
> deirectory index for you. so if you remove the index.html you`ll be
> able to view the contents of the directory.
> hope that I`ve anderstood you question correctly

On my old implementations of apache, I used to be able to do this.
However, with what it's setup as right now, I can't.  There isn't an
index.html file in either of the directories, but when I try to view
it, it says "you don't have permissions to view /directory"

Did I remove something that I shouldn't of on my config file?

--
Shawn

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"

  That which hits the fan will not be evenly distributed...