From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Anton Yurchenko
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 3:43 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Networking/routeing question

Jason Sievert wrote:

> Close, here is some ascii art to try and describe it.
>
> |----------------|                                  |-------|(corp lan)
> |Privet net      |                                  |gateway|(world)
> |192.168.123.0/24| <----------> eth0 192.168.123.100|-------|eth1
> |----------------|              eth0:0 192.168.0.100         172.16.0.3
>                                 eth0:1 10.0.0.100
>
> What I am looking for is when I bring a box in at 192.168.0.101 that
> the router will not send that traffic through to the world but will
> NAT or route it through the appropriate device.
> For example if 192.168.123.2 want to go to google the gateway will nat
> it but if it wants to talk to a raid at 192.168.0.101 it will route or
> nat that through the gateway.
> Jason

ok still lost.
case 1: host goes to some inet site the linux gateway nats it and sends
it to next gateway in 172.16.0 subnet
case 2: host goest to some ip in user defined range of neworks and it
instead is routed to a gateway in a 192.168.0 subnet?

if that is correct then you just need to create static routes for the
those subnets that need special handling and point them to the gateway
on the 192.168.0 subnet