Hi all,

I'm going to be moving soon, and I thought it would be a good opportunity
to redesign my home network. I know it's a big topic, but let's play
anyway.

Requirements:
- Local private network
  - Authenticated users (Windows and Linux) have their own home folders
  - Roaming profiles would be nice
  - Common shared folders
  - Shared printer
  - Wired and wireless access
  - Guest account can print, web surf, access public folders

- Internet presence
  - Public HTTP server (probably Windows and Linux machines)
  - Remote SSH (not at first)

I guess my questions are....
- What equipment will I need? I'm guessing two routers is the key to this.
A WAP with WPA will be purchased (I'm currently using WEP128).

- Can Samba provide roaming profiles, or am I limited to a MS solution? Do
I need true roaming profiles if having "My Documents" on the network is
good enough? (although a desktop and start menu that are customized would
be really nice too)

- Is it possible to have machines usable by authenticated users and guests
and keep guests out of the private network shares, or should I make guest
users use their own or dedicated machines?

Many thanks,
Chris Schumann