You can allow directory access and require a password so no one else will be
able to log on.

<Directory "/path/to/directory">
	Options Indexes
	AllowOverride All
	AuthType Basic
	Require valid-user
	AuthName "name to identify auth"
	AuthUserFile /path/to/htpasswd/file/.htpasswd
</Directory>

Then you'll have to make a .htpasswd file.

#htpasswd -c /path/to/htpasswd/file/.htpasswd username
#/etc/init.d/httpd graceful

This is basic but should work.

-Josh