On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 12:01:12PM -0500, Erik Hanson wrote:
> Is there a way to monitor how much the disk is being used?  Not space wise
> but access wise?  And if there is is there a way to tell how much of the
> total IO "throughput" or whatever is being used?

I you want lots of details you can look at Performance Co-Pilot[1].
This is the base used for SGI's performance monitoring on their Origin
and Altix systems.  Unfortunately none of the graphical displays were
included in the open source release.  If you want pretty graphs you'll
have to write an app yourself.

Nate

[1] http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp/