On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Michael Jentges wrote:
> > I rebuilt sendmail.cf just in case using the line:
> > m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf  Then I restarted
> > sendmail.
>
> I'm not sure, but I thought there was more to it than that. I have always
> used the 'Build' script in the sendmail src tree, sendmail-8.x.x/cf/cf/.
> Might want to verify you're doing it right unless you already know this.

 Yeah, the idea is to use the Build script.  If your .mc file is
whatever.mc, run:

./Build whatever.cf

 (Yes, whatever.cf doesn't exist.  But it should after you run that.)

> > My virtual user files has five users in it, format of:
> > fred at bozo.com      fred
> > barney at bozo.com  barney
> > wilma at bozo.com   wilma
> > betty at bozo.com     betty
> > @bozo.com              dino
>
> You've got a contradiction going here. Last line says 'all mail to
> bozo.com goes to dino'. Choose one or the other.

 Nope.  Any unqualified mail (that is, all mail except to the four
addresses he specified) goes to dino.  It's a catch-all for the remainder
of the mail.  (The main side effect being that when spammers start making
up usernames, they all go through.)

*snip*

     Jima