On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:14:17 -0500
Karl Bongers <kbongers at infinetivity.com> wrote:

> What I said in my last post is only valid if the kernel
> is not starting.  Try to take note if the kernel starts or not.
> Look for some message after "loading linux".
>
> Or try adding "vga=ask" as a boot-time parameter.  If the
> kernel is starting, this should stop it very early and prompt for
> vga settings.

Okay, finally got a chance to try and figure it out some more last night.  Tried a few things, but didn't remove any hardware yet.  Will try over the weekend.

The last message that I was somewhat able to read after "loading linux" said something to the likes of "reading bios" or soemthing.  If that's correct, and it's failing at trying to getinfo from the bios, what are my alternatives?  Is there mainboards that are not Linux compatible?

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"