> Jay Kline <list at slushpupie.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a friend who wants a Linux firewall to do some traffic shaping
> > or at least prioritizing.  Are there any decent scripts people have
> > used for tc? Anyone have some suggestions?  His main goal is to limit
> > the effects kazaa has on web browsing and IM.

On a similar note, I have a new roomate who is addicted to downloading anything and everything illegal on the internet "Because he can." Is there any way I can limit his bandwidth so mine doesn't go down the tubes? His link lights are blinking full-speed 24/7... I think he might be hosting /. from his computer. I've got Comcast cable internet with a linksys wireless AP/router/switch. Any help is much appreciated. When I next attend a beer meeting, your share of the server's tip is on me :)

-Nick