On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:59:35 -0500 (CDT)
Adam Maloney <adamm at sihope.com> wrote:

> I'm waiting on the Louisiana DMV to open so I can ask what their
> procedure is, and I'm waiting on his insurance company to call me back
> and see if I can get anything out of them.

That's probably your best bet, if the plates were issued in LA. In MN,
it costs $5 (last time I needed to do this) to get the owner's
information incuding vehicle description and title number. IIRC, it
involved waiting in line forever and dealing with a surly counterperson
but it was worth it (needed to contact previous owner of a car I wanted
to buy, but had no title or info on the person).

YMMV, as laws will vary from state to state, but if they have laws
similar to ours, then it can be done this way.

--
               -Kevin Hinze

rudie at rudie.net     |  rudie at sihope.com
hinz0047 at tc.umn.edu |  http://rudie.net

Democracy: two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch
Liberty: a well armed sheep expressing his rights.