Josh Trutwin writes:
> Claiming to be 1000's of times faster than MySQL. (I suppose, when
> you store the data in RAM).

That is comparing apples and oranges.  Anything is going to be faster when
you eliminate the SQL overhead and design it to be completely in RAM.

The tests are bogus because they don't provide enough information to
duplicate them.  The second test shows Prevayler using almost 500mb of RAM
and MySQL only getting 50mb.  At only 28 queries per second, they probably
did something very stupid, like not indexing the table.  You should be able
to do at least 2000 queries per second on an indexed column from a table
with a million rows.

> It might actually be interesting if it had an SQL implementation.

If you want a fast, embedded, public domain SQL database library, look at
SQLite.  It rocks:

http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>