On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Bill Layer wrote:

> Sounds like you make a good case for forking the list to tclug-list and tclug-beginner.

We've been down this road before. I don't think forking the tclug-list
in an option. Why? The most benefit for the "beginners" comes from
having experienced users on the list. If there are only beginners on
the beginners list, who is there to answer their questions?

And beginners can learn a lot from just reading other posts. It
might be over their heads at first, but after they become more in tune
with Linux it starts to make sense and they will remember things
they've read in previous threads.

Plus, the tclug-list wouldn't have anyone asking questions since all
the experienced users think they know it all. This would result in the
tclug-list turning into the
tclug-lets-whine-about-if-we-should-tip-or-not-list.

-- Clay