I grew up in a family that owned a restaurant. I waited tables most of my
life through high school, college, and during the evenings after my day
job for extra cash. I no longer wait tables in the evening.

I have no desire to get into a pissing match about levels of income, and
what we do for a living. I believe that to be irrelevant. Except to say I
am bothered by your elitist attitude toward the working class of this
nation.

The Guthrie lab was running a great play I saw a few weeks ago called
'Nickle and Dimed' I suggest looking into it for glimpse of the majority of
your/our society. -->
http://www.guthrietheater.org/act_I/show_page.cfm?id_show=18030455

I grew up watching single mothers wait tables, trying to make ends meet.
These are some of the people who do this job. They are young men and women
without daddy war bucks to pay their college, trying to start off in life
on the right foot.

You are so brave on the tc-lug mail list. I want you to go to that single
mother waiting tables that didn't finish high school. From the top of your
great horse explain these same ideas to them. Tell them if they don't
like it they should leave. Just don't lean too far or you may fall.

I don't want this to escalate to nuclear war, but because of my upbringing,
my experiences, I am very passionate about this subject.

I guess I would like to reiterate my main point. If anyone feels that
tipping %15 is absurd, wrong, unjustified, too generous, and
unnecessary then don't eat at a service establishment. Eat at McDonald's.

mcd