Ya might want to rethink that statement.

Wait staff in many cases don't make minimum wage, the tip is part of the
wage _and part of the business_. If your wait person does a crappy job
don't tip, but if they do a good job tip the 15%. If they go way beyond
tip more.

What I have to say to you is, get a job waiting table.  You will only
understand what it means to be jilted on a tip when you have been jilted
on a tip.  I worked for many years in the service industry, bar
tender/waiter. I have this to say to anyone that thinks they shouldn't tip,

Sam.